- "Mankind's greed has no ending... You continue to consume until even your host is laid waste. Is survival that important? ...So important you would trade it for the earth's destruction?" -Adam
- "If people as a whole are consuming too much then maybe that's another disease we need to cure... but we can cure it!" -Derek Stiles
- "Even if greed does motivate some men, it can never overshadow the compassion of others!" -Naomi Kimishima
Pempti is the fifth strain of GUILT encountered in Under the Knife and Second Opinion. Pempti attacks the respiratory and the nervous system from the liver or lung. It manifests as a gelatinous mass that hinders functioning of the organ it's into.
- "I'd say you have one main objective: Do everything I tell you to do." -Victor Niguel
- "What kind of objective is that!?" -Derek Stiles
- "There's no known treatment yet. Would YOU like to think one up? I'm the one who's done all the research, so just listen to me." -Victor Niguel
When Richard contracts Pempti, he insists that Derek and the team use his body as a guinea pig to create a cure. Derek and Victor first try a number of procedures to find a suitable solution to the problem, to no avail. After Derek excises a sample of Pempti, Victor has Derek solve a puzzle for the development of a nanomachine that reduces the production of Pempti's gelatinous fluid.
With the new nanomachine in tow, another attempt on Pempti is made. After injecting the nanomachine into Pempti cells, the core is exposed. Victor suggests using the laser on it, but the core mutates quickly. Director Kasal gives the order to abort the operation, as Richard's body cannot handle extreme amounts of experimentation. After more research, Victor develops the scalar laser, which can be used indefinitely.
Types of PemptiEdit
The nanomachine will require two injections and will not cause small polyp formation. After the Pempti core is seen, use the scalar laser on. The Pempti core will regenerate and begin a fierce counter. One of three attacks can occur during the fight in a seemingly random pattern. Each must be dealt with using the laser unless otherwise noted. You must destroy the mini-cores it creates and incinerate the main core at the same time. After enough scalar lasering, Pempti will be defeated.
After injecting the nanomachine, two Pempti cores will be there, use the scalar laser on them and they will seperate and create two Pempti; one in the upper right, and the other in the lower left. Both Pempti are capable of creating mini-cores. Once one Pempti is defeated, the other will go unstable and will attempt to kill the host by creating multiple types of mini-cores at the same time.
During the Aletheia fight, the only Pempti cores seen are groups of blue mini-cores. They move around Aletheia while creating polyps, and each group needs to be be hit with the laser to be defeated.
Hepatitis on the liver, and the result is a large fissure on it. To treat the wound, the pools of blood must be drained from the fissure, synthetic membranes must be placed in the correct positions, and must be covered with antibiotic gel before the wound starts bleeding again. Immediately after successfully completing the process, all patches fall off. This is due to the fact that there are hemorrhages underneath the surface of the organ. To get rid of the hemorrhages, use the ultrasound to locate, create an incision with the scalpel, drain the blood pool, and suture the incision. After all hemorrhages are taken care of, the process used to take care of the fissure before the hemorrhages is repeated.
Under the KnifeEdit
|Episode||Patient||Organ||Type of Pempti|
|4-6: Taking the First Step||Richard Anderson||Right lung||Pempti|
|4-8: The Next Step|
|4-10: Doctor's Struggle|
|6-6: Fifth Sin||Emilio Juarez||Liver||Pempti|
|X-5: Pempti||Unnamed girl||Liver||Pempti|
|Episode||Patient||Organ||Type of Pempti|
|4-6: The First Step||Richard Anderson||Right lung||Pempti|
|4-8: The Next Step|
|4-10: Prolonged Struggle|
|6-6: The Future of GUILT||P. Heigl||Right lung||Pempti|
|X-5: Pempti||Unnamed man||Right lung||Pempti|
Under the Knife 2Edit
|Episode||Patient||Organ||Type of Pempti||Other GUILT Present|
|5-6: The Carrier||Reina Mayuzumi||Right lung||Mutated Pempti||None|
|6-7: Tragedy||Christine||Right lung||Mutated Pempti||None|
|7-7: Mother of Sins||Reina Mayuzumi||Heart||Aletheia Pempti||Aletheia|
|X-3: Pempti||Unnamed woman||Right lung||Mutated Pempti||None|
|X-7: Aletheia||Unnamed woman||Heart||Aletheia Pempti||Aletheia|
Stats and AttacksEdit
|Grey Mini-cores||Pempti||Five small, round grey mini-cores will spiral outward from Pempti's core and circle around it until incinerated. These will deal varying damage based on how many are in full orbit and how long they have been orbiting Pempti's core.|
|Mutated Pempti||Three small, round grey mini-cores will spiral outward from each Mutated Pempti core and circle around it until incinerated. These will deal varying damage based on how many are in full orbit and how long they have been orbiting Mutated Pempti's core.|
Single pink mini-cores move from Pempti's core at high speed to the edge of Pempti and wait for a short moment, then cause a laceration if they are not defeated quickly enough. Pempti normally releases a total of 5 mini-cores per wave, but sometimes may release a total of 10 instead.
|Mutated Pempti||Single pink mini-cores move from Mutated Pempti's core at high speed to the edge of Mutated Pempti and wait for a short moment, then cause a laceration if they are not defeated quickly enough. Each core releases a total of 3 mini-cores.|
Five blue mini-cores all come from Pempti's core simultaneously and wait at the edge of Pempti for a short time, then extend Pempti, then back in, leaving behind polyps.
|Mutated Pempti||Three blue mini-cores all come from Mutated Pempti's core simultaneously and wait at the edge of Mutated Pempti for a short time, then extend Mutated Pempti, then back in, leaving behind polyps.|
|Duplicate||Mutated Pempti||When Mutated Pempti's cores appear and are attacked, they will seperate and create 2 smaller Mutated Pempti cores, which will then proceed to attack with their mini-cores.|
- In Under the Knife, if the Healing Touch is used before the nanomachine is injected, the collection of Pempti cells becomes hard to see, so using it at this time is discouraged.
- Using the stabiliser on the Pempti body causes vitals to drop and results in a Miss.
- Keep the laser on Pempti's core nearly the entire time, specifically near the top section of it, as this will do damage to Pempti's core and the mini-cores as they come out. It, in particular, minimizes damage from the grey mini-cores as they are destroyed in fractions of seconds after they appear.
- Pempti will stop attacking for 2-3 seconds if it attacks in this order: Pink, Blue, Grey, Grey. You can use this short break to raise the vitals.
- In Under the Knife and Second Opinion, scoring an "Ok" on Pempti's core while it is attacking will cause it to stop the attack, allowing you some time to treat wounds or raise vitals.
- In Under the Knife 2, when dealing with Mutated Pempti, it is advisable that you alternate your attacks between the two. This ensures that by the time you have destroyed the first core, the second one would be near defeat, minimising frustration from its unstable state.
- However, while tackling X-3, note that Mutated Pempti's cores do not have the same amount of health - one of them will die earlier if the player evenly divides laser exposure between the cores. This is to throw off unexpecting players who have been relying on the above tactic.
- In Under the Knife 2, Mutated Pempti will always pause after releasing grey mini-cores. Mutated Pempti will pause for long enough for you to be able to inject 2 doses of stabilizer.
- Pempti appears to have been the hardest GUILT to find a cure for, as extensive research and experimental operations were conducted to counter it, compared to other GUILT having no such shown research and experimental operations.
- Pempti's mini-cores are each shaped like the Greek letters - alpha, beta, and gamma. The circling cores look like alpha; tumor cores like beta; and laceration cores like gamma.
- In Under the Knife, the initial collection of Pempti cells moves, making it harder to inject the serums or nanomachine.
|v • d • e||Trauma Center series|
|Games||Under the Knife • Second Opinion • New Blood • Under the Knife 2 • Trauma Team|
|Characters||Derek Stiles • Angie Thompson • Naomi Kimishima • Markus Vaughn • Valerie Blaylock • Elena Salazar • CR-S01 • Maria Torres • Hank Freebird • Tomoe Tachibana • Gabriel Cunningham|
|Fields||Surgery • First Response • Orthopedics • Endoscopy • Diagnosis • Forensics|
|Organizations||Caduceus International • Delphi • Eidoth Pharmaceuticals • Humani • Parnassus • Acropolis Pharmaceutical • Hands of Asclepius • Resurgam First Care • Cumberland Institute of Forensic Medicine|
|GUILT||Kyriaki • Deftera • Triti • Tetarti • Pempti • Paraskevi • Savato • Bliss • PGS|
|Stigma||Cheir • Soma • Ops • Onyx • Brachion • Cardia|
|Neo-GUILT||Nous • Bythos • Sige • Aletheia|