|Occupation|| Surgeon (formerly)|
|Family|| Lisa (ex-wife)|
Joshua Cunningham (son)
|Friends|| Naomi Kimishima|
|Affiliates||Resurgam First Care|
- "Think... I'm a diagnostician."
Dr. Gabriel "Gabe" Cunningham is a diagnostician in Trauma Team.
Gabe stays cool and collected in most situations. His deductive skills in diagnostics have earned him the title "Master of Deduction". He has a son named Joshua, who is operated on in Tomoe Tachibana's first operation.
Gabe is a chain smoker, as he's almost never seen without a cigarette in his mouth (not even in shower) and the ashtray in his office is filled with such.
It is revealed in "Proud One" that Gabe served in the military reserves.
Gabe was a surgeon in the past, but due to unknown reasons, he doesn't operate anymore.
Gabe's storyline in Trauma Team starts when his wife Lisa tries to call him. Apparently she's been filing for a divorce, leaving their son Joshua to his mother's care.
It is Gabe who extends CR-S01's time in the Resurgam. This happens after he's finished diagnosing Jacob Tillman, who goes to find himself a doctor capable of operating on his condition. Gabe, upon witnessing CR's abilities, bargains to keep him in the Resurgam for his operating time.
Much to Gabe's surprise he is given Joshua for diagnosis.
He feels like a complete failure of a father and is about to give up when the result ends up to be Warmer's syndrome, until RONI manages to talk him into trying to operate on his son. While he at leasts begin the procedure, CR-S01 volunteered to continue, which he lets him, supporting him along the way.
After this Gabe decides to leave the Resurgam, and gets hired by USAMRIID to diagnose Samuel Trumbull. During the diagnosis, Gabe is stopped by the Army, which intended to stop him from exposing the information about the virus to the public. Jacob then orders the diagnostician to be arrested. However, in reality, he organizes Gabe's escape with RONI's help, and is arrested himself soon after. Gabe returns to the Resurgam, bringing the bones of Albert Sartre with him, and assists in investigating the Rosalia Virus .
He was seen actively helping Hank Freebird and the others with treating other patients during the virus outbreak.
Apparently he decides to keep working in Resurgam after the breakout is over.
- According to the official Japanese Trauma Team game guide/art book, Gabe's country of origin is Great Britain.
- Out of all 6 characters, Gabe has 5 missions (he has six chapters in his main story, thus 4 diagonsis missions, and one mission in the final chapter), making him the least played character.
- Gabe shares many similarities to Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop and Gregory House from the television show House M.D.
- Gabe's ex-wife Lisa may be named after Lisa Cuddy, the girlfriend of Gregory.
- In Gabe's opening scene (after "Sleeping in the Bloom") he has a precognitave dream. In the dream, a short conversation is revealed that later takes place after the second orthopedics operation "Friends" is completed in the final chapter
- In Signs of Anguish, Gabe builds up the 4th wall by commenting on RONI's way of giving a notice on recording the found symptom. Later on in The Seventh Doctor, he breaks the 4th wall by talking directly to the player.
- According to Trauma Team's extras, where he asks RONI to help him make scrambled eggs using a beaker, Gabe is not very good at cooking.
|CR-S01 - Gabriel Cunningham - Hank Freebird - Maria Torres - Naomi Kimishima - Tomoe Tachibana|
|Albert Sartre - Alyssa Breslin - Chloe - Navel - RONI - Rosalia - Hanzou Kanadamaru|
|Surgery - First Response- Orthopedics - Endoscopy - Diagnosis - Forensics|
|Resurgam First Care - Cumberland Institute of Forensic Medicine|
|Trauma Team - Images - Characters - Medical Terms and Procedures|