- Asclepias itself is a genus of milkweed which includes over 140 species
- The species of Asclepias used in the game is Asclepias tuberosa, which are typically orange or yellow.
- A common name for the plant is Butterfly Weed, which explains its pollination from the monarch butterflies in the game
- Rosalia's body was found lying in a field of Asclepias flowers. Her blood, containing the Rosalia Virus, discolored the flowers and turned them blue, which is not a natural color for the Asclepias flower.
- These flowers were then used to create the Anti-viral to stop the Rosalia Virus from spreading within the world.This was done by Naomi Kimishima, who had done the autopsy on Rosalia Rosellini.
- The Flowers were gathered by Maria Torres under the favor of Naomi Kimishima, to find the cure for the Rosalia Virus.